This is my first day living in Seattle, 8 months after I snapped out of a 4 ½ year Tango Trance through my exploration of how I have not been fully authentic in Tango nor life by dancing and living as an apology. During my last night living in Boulder, CO, I watched The Way of the Peaceful Warrior for a third time. This movie acted as a salve for personal painful events over the past 8 months, as the movie prompted me to reflect on how my choices over these past months are my life course corrections to dance and live more authentically.
Dan Millman, the main character of The Way of the Peaceful Warrior, takes a journey into winning a National gymnastics title which guides him in meeting a spiritual master/ warrior, Socrates. Socrates teaches Dan a way to excel in gymnastics through becoming a better person- physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually- living more authentically. I liken my own Tango/ life guide, Ulyssess, as my Socrates. Over two years ago, Ulyssess offered me the red pill of the TANGO MATRIX, which eventually snapped out of my Tango trance, and prompted me over the past 8 months to make the following choices:
- Gave up my RV
- Moved to Seattle with the intention of setting down roots
- Gave up a lifestyle of intensive traveling to build community in Seattle
- Revamped and aligned my life-skill offerings as a psychotherapist, life-coach, author and presenter
- Reconnected with a 25 year intention of offering E.S.P. Journeys and crafted a path create and produce these journeys, starting in Seattle
- Made physical and financial health a priority
- Gone back to the Martial Arts I did in my late teens
- Taken on the study of social dynamics so evident in the world of Argentine Tango and life
Even though I have not danced a lot of Tango, all of these choices support dancing Tango and living more authentically, better and with greater joy. I am thankful for all who have helped me on my journey over the past 8 months! And I am thankful to have arrived in Seattle.